Release Date: 10 Mar 2021
Who should care about this Update: Confluence Administrators
Well, this is a first. Adaptavist has published a major version release just to update in-app documentation links to point to their new documentation site. No bugs, no other features, just a documentation link update.
From their website: “Welcome to the new documentation site! We don’t have any major changes in this ScriptRunner for Confluence release, but we have updated the in-app documentation links to point here.”
I suppose there are worse reasons to create a release.
Has it been awhile since you last upgraded?
If so, from Adaptavist’s NEW documentation site, here’s a synopsis of what you may have missed along with some of the newest headline features:
- v6.20.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-20-x
- Script Editor New Feature – The compile context in the Script Editor is now set when open opening it from an edit page.
- Manage Labels Built-In Script – The Bulk Add/Remove Labels on One or ore Pages and Rename Labels scripts have been removed, and the functionality has been combined into the new Manage Labels built-in script. Using this script, you can rename, add, and remove page labels in bulk. The script is available for Confluence administrators and space administrators.
- v6.19.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-19-x
- Just Bug Fixes
- v6.18.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-18-x
- Notifications Control for Copy Page Tree Space Administration – The Copy Page Tree built-in script for space administrators is the latest to be updated. Using the Notifications checkbox, choose if you want to send a notification to users when copying the page tree from Advanced Space Functionality
- Other New Feature: Now you can configure LDAP resource environment properties.
- v6.17.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-17-x
- Integration with Slack – Adaptavist has added a new resource type representing a connection to Slack. That, plus a simple API, allows you to message users and channels from within your event listeners and other extension points.
- New Bulk Delete Attachment Versions Built-In Script – A new script was added for Confluence space administrators to delete old attachment versions.
- Notifications Control for Copy Page Tree – Adaptavist is continuing to add more detailed notifications control to our built-in scripts. The Copy Page Tree built-in script is the latest to be updated. Using the Notifications checkbox, choose if you want to send a notification to users when copying the page tree.
- v6.16.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-16-x
- Better Handling for Templates in Create Page Macro – In this release, ScriptRunner has improved support for using templates with the Create Page macro. When you select a template as the source to create a page and that template contains variable expressions, users will be directed to a form to provide values for those variables first.
- v6.15.0 – https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4c/6.21.0/release-notes/release-6-x/6-15-x
- Bulk Delete Attachment Versions – A new script was added for Confluence administrators to delete old attachment versions.
Should You Update?
No. Not unless you’re coming from a much older version and/or you use their in-app documentation a lot.